Friday, May 15, 2009

How cool is that?!?



I have been wanting to post something for a while now, but couldn't think of anything. I mean really, who cares about wrecked cars anyway? So I decided to do a shout out for a great author. Last month my book club read the book "Driving Sideways" by Jess Riley. It was a fantastic book. Anyway, our book club has a blog and Ms Riley found our post about her book and made a comment! Cool huh? I thought she was great before but after seeing that I almost think she could walk on water. It gets even better. At our book club meeting last night, Mindy (my sister-in-law) brought us all signed bookplates from the author. Now my book has an autograph, yeah! I just had to share because I love reading and authors are really amazing to me. How do they write so much and do it so well? I can barely write on my blog and I absolutely hate reading my own journal. Oh well, I guess that is why I clean teeth.

7 comments:

bladenfamily said...

I can't wait to move up there and join your book club. Thanks for the recommendation. I've been looking for a good book, as usual.

Bec said...

Hey, she's MY sister-in-law! ;) And AMEN- Jess Riley is a witty, wonderful author... and apparently not too full of herself to send some love our way. Woohoo her!

Maria said...

Ha, ha, I totally agree about the writing thing. How do they think of so much to say? That's cool that she commented on your blog. I should join a book club but I don't think I could read fast enough to keep up with everyone.

Valerie C. said...

I will have to check out that book. Our book club is always looking for a good one. That's pretty sweet that she commented back. Maybe she is like a "normal person"

Ann said...

Hey Shanna!
I got your blog from Julie's (I hope you don't mind)! Our's is private, (I'm kindof an over-protective nerd) but if you want, just e-mail me at etherington@q.com and I'll send you and invite! That book does sound good, I'll have to try to read it sometime!

Jamixstitch said...

Hi Shanna, I also got your blog from Julie's. I will have to add the book to my book list. It is growing faster than I read. anyway my blog is www.maggies-happy-family.blogspot.com Jami

Amy Johnson said...

I'm always looking for a new good book! I'll have to give this one a try!