Friday, January 23, 2009

At What Point in my Life Did THIS Happen?


While I was visiting my parents I told my dad I would go on a bike ride with him one morning up to Tuacan. He went and got me some bike shorts from his room that had the bum pad sewn in. I went to put them on and seriously had the hardest time pulling them up over my fat butt! I writhed and wriggled until the mushroom of fat jiggled down into the shorts. What the heck. When I finally did get them on, my belly was dripping over the waist band and I was afraid when I sat on the bike I was going to rip the butt out. When did this happen? Not just the whole fat thing, but being bigger than my dad! UUUGGHHH. My mom has been smaller than me since I was in second grade, but my dad? You'd think this would send me straight back to weight watchers but no, I still eat like at any moment someone is going to take away all the food left on the planet. Why?

12 comments:

Bec said...

Wow. Those pictures are amazing. And I'm really sorry for your sad experience. Your dad must be scrawny... or you've exploded in the last month. Cause when I saw you, you honestly looked GREAT.

Unknown said...

I agree, you do look good. How can you kick my butt up a mountain and be fat? And I was hiking behind you--I know! Your mom wanted me to add that your tan line looks great. Seriously funny!!
Steph

Justin & Ashlee said...

Haha...I love those pics and you don't look anything like that. Now on the other hand...wait till you have a baby! Then you'll really feel that way :)

Stacy B said...

I like big butts and I cannot lie...but you don't have one!!!

Melissa Hernandez said...

I had to show my husband those pictures, we laughed so hard. I hate the muffin top.....I think I have a perma muffin top after my last baby....it SUCKS!!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures have - almost - left me speechless!!! Wow! You, my friend, do not have a big butt!!!!! I am sorry that your dad's shorts didn't fit that well, but men are built differently- they are straight- and we aren't. You look fabulous!!!!

Kari said...

sweet. i don't think i would ever have the guts to start weight watchers - it would be a complete failure! and don't be so hard on yourself!!! :)

Gina said...

That was hilarious. So not true, but hilarious! You should be a comedy writer. Honestly, I'm currently in a creative writing class, and have not yet come across any writing as entertaining or brilliant as that!

shaley said...

I am laughing hysterically. I started laughing even when I saw the pictures you put on there! I don't quite think you look like that honey, even if you can't fit into your dads shorts. So did you wear them??? Can I add you to my blog list for all the ward to view?

shaley said...

PS, I'm so glad I can comment on your blog. Thanks for redoing it!

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

Shanna banana, the only reason that hasn't happened to me is that I refuse to ever wear any of your dad's or mom's clothes or I may be scarred for the rest of my life when they only go halfway up. Your parents are amazing, but don't go near their closet!

Ann said...

Gee, thanks for posting my muffin top for everyone to see! Just kidding, those pictures are SO funny though!