Thursday, January 15, 2009

FINALLY!!!!!




Every since I first looked out the back window of my parents new home in Santa Clara I have said I was going to climb to the top of the Red Mountain. It stares back at me every visit (for the past 7 or so years) saying, "Ha ha, you haven't even attempted me yet!" So on my most recent visit I was thrilled to hear my friend Stephanie tell me she knew where to go and better yet she would go with me. Ya-Hoo!!! We actually did pretty good on time, but holy crap it was a beast. I can't praise Stephanie enough. I don't know too many girls who have just had a baby and are willing to attempt something so vigorous. We both fell a few times (I have a nice black bruise on my left cheek) but enjoyed the beautiful weather and amazing scenary.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Dang, I'm jealous you got to be in the nice weather. Awesome hike! It would have kicked my butt.

bladenfamily said...

Yay! For the new blog and for our great hike! And you can stop being so nice...you would have done it in half the time if I wasn't holding you back. I am still sore by the way. It feels great! We should find a good hike in Zion next time you come.

Melissa Hernandez said...

I'm sooo glad you have a blog that can leave comments now. I saw your blog link on Stephanie's just a few weeks ago, and i wanted to drop you a line to see how you were, but I thought I was just a dork and couldn't figure out how to leave a comment on your blog. Anyways, this will be a fun way to keep in touch. How are you?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I am with Mindy.. it would have kicked my butt, but I would love to have tried. I need out of this valley. I need warm weather! We missed you at book club. We ate too much and stayed up WAY too late and missed you TERRIBLY : ) !!

Gina said...

I'm not usually very good at leaving comments, but in honor of your new blog, I'm going to try! The pics are gorgeous. They made me hate logan and pine for st. george. Way to tackle that mountain!

Justin & Ashlee said...

Finally!! I've been wanting to say hi but haven't been able to comment or contact you. I'm so glad you changed your blog :) Congrats on the hike. That is awesome.

Ann said...

That hill is practically in my parents backyard in Ivins. It's a pretty good climb to the top! Good job conquering it!