Saturday, August 8, 2009

Night Hike to the Wind Caves

I have been really wanting to do a night hike lately, day hiking just wasn't cutting for me. I had no idea anyone would be as crazy as me so I was totally shocked when my friend Melanie called and invited me to hike up to the Wind Caves with her and her sister. We left around 9:00 pm and got back home close to midnight. It was a full moon and the perfect temperature. We had a blast, well at least I did!










Please notice the tiny full moon above my head. We worked hard for this shot!



6 comments:

Linda Oxborrow said...

Shanna- how fun!! I remember doing a night hike.... to the wind caves years ago- I was actually just wondering where that trail started???? I also remember doing a night hike up to that book/ tree- what is that hike?

Melissa Hernandez said...

I am playing catchup on your blog. Looks like you have had some amazing adventures lately. What a cool experience to travel to so many amazing places, I bet it was a blast!

Andrea said...

Just wanted to say hey. I saw a link to your blog from Val's blog. Looks like you've been up to no good as always :) Thanks for the entertaining narrations!

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

I still love the Wind Caves. I'm not sure I would go at night. I'm petrified to fall out the hole when you get to the top. You are so brave.

Kari said...

I would so be all over that if I lived by you!

Valerie C. said...

Just a comment to see what is going on in your crazy life!