Saturday, August 8, 2009

South East Asia

Isn't it really strange when something you have been looking forward to for almost a year comes and goes and you think, "what the heck, how is that over already?!". Well that is how I feel about my trip to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. I had such a great time. I met some awesome people and saw some really amazing things.
After spending so much time around all the poor and humble people in these countries I can't help but think how blessed I am to live where I do. Heavenly Father really does know our limitations and knew I wouldn't do too well in a place like that.
Even though I loved it and can't wait for my next trip (no I don't have one planned) I am so happy to be home.
Here are a few (or more!) pictures for anyone not on facebook.















10 comments:

Justin & Ashlee said...

Thanks for sharing your pics Shanna! That seemed like such a cool vacation. It does make you feel so blessed to live where we do. In Grenada, I saw such poverty and it is so sad. Each time I landed in the USA I felt such a great warmth come back to me. Having said that, it is always so much fun to see other places and explore this beautiful world. I love the elephant ride!!!

bladenfamily said...

I don't believe you are actually on an elephant. Amazing! Very good pictures. I love the one of you in the purple shirt and it is nightish. Totally jealous.
p.s. When is your book club this month and what are you reading?

shaley said...

Those are awesome pics! And they are just what I would picture that part of the world to look like. I must be really smart. Glad to have you home!!

Maria said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time! I'm jealous of all the traveling you're doing. I need to get out more!

Becky said...

I saw those pictures on facebook, that looks AMAZING, you need to run a long run with us and tell us stories!

Shawn said...

tarantula? you are one brave woman!

Gina said...

Coolest pictures ever! That spider one freaks me right out! How did you get so brave? I can't wait to hear about your adventures and see more pics.

Valerie C. said...

So glad that you made it back! I love the pictures, looks like you had lots of fun in great places! I appreciated the full moon picture from the midnight hike too!

Garrett and Heather Wood said...

Shanna, you are amazing. I think you've been to more places than anyone else I know, and lots of the military people here have been to lots of places. I have an idea for your next trip--what about Stuttgart, Germany?

Kari said...

Those are amazing! What an adventure!!!